Master in Economics and Business Administration - Sports and Event Management (MSc)
Do you want to manage companies in the sports and event sector? This programme gives you competences that enable you to become such a manager.
The MSc in Economics and Business Administration profile in Sports and Event Management gives you competences on a high academic level within organization and marketing. The focus lies on issues that are especially relevant for companies in the sports and event sector. The profile is offered at Campus Esbjerg.
The profile concerns itself with the entertainment markets, and how they interact with the sports and event sector. Other marketing issues are strategy and competition. The organizational subjects are governance in sports companies, project management and innovation management. In addition, you get methodological skills in qualitative as well as in qualitative research. Further, you can choose between electives offered especially for this programme as well as electives from other master studies offered at Campus Esbjerg.
The profile runs in eight quarters. In the courses, you will work with projects, in groups and have lectures. The group of students in the courses is normally a size allowing interaction with the professor lecturing as well as discussions among the students. This enlarges the size of the active vocabulary which you can later use in discussing issues related to these fields as a part of your job.
The courses on the profile are taught in English. You can, however, do exams including your master thesis in Danish provided the teacher is Danish speaking.
Programme Content & Structure
Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration requires two years of full time study, each year consisting of four quarters. The profile in Sports and Event Management consists of 60 ECTS compulsory courses of 7.5 ECTS each, 30 ECTS that are electives, and a thesis work corresponding to 30 ECTS.
The 8 compulsory courses are offered in the first four quarters. The electives are typically placed in the fifth and sixth quarters. Electives can be taken at Campus Esbjerg or abroad or take form as an internship. The thesis is to be written during the seventh and eighth quarters. Read more about the courses under Course Descriptions of More about the study.
Why study Sports and Event Management?
There are many good reasons for choosing this study. Read about them below.
- The profile in Sports and Event Management focuses on managing companies in the Sports and Event Sector. This sector is growing and not many people have specific knowledge about this sector on a high academic level enabling them to tackle complex problems. This implies excellent career opportunities
- The courses on the study in Sports and Event Management combine theory and practice to ensure a solid theoretical basis and tools readily employable in your first job
- In Sports and Event Management you develop project management skills. These are much in demand in enterprises because there is a lack of people possessing such skills
- The Esbjerg campus of University of Southern Denmark is close to the city centre, which offers cultural, sporting and leisure activities, and a lively nightlife
- The size of Esbjerg Campus is beneficial for your professional development. A limited number of students ensure a close student-professor relationship
- You broaden your horizon because you meet and cooperate with students from other cultures and also from other studies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 18, 2015