Students who earn the MS degree in real estate complete a 30-credit curriculum consisting of 18 credits (6 courses) of required study and 12 credits (4 courses) of elective study. The 30-credit MS Program in Real Estate is available as a Zicklin School flex-time program, which allows candidates to take courses on either a part-time or full-time schedule, depending on their needs each semester.
The MS Program in Real Estate delivers not only core business knowledge and management skills but also knowledge and technical training specific to the real estate industry. The result: Graduates are positioned for many varied and lucrative positions with real estate development firms, appraisal and consulting firms, accounting firms, insurance companies, pension funds, banks and financial institutions, investment banks, real estate investment trusts, mortgage security underwriters, commingled real estate funds, regulatory agencies, and firms with large real estate holdings.
MBA or MS? How to Choose:
You want the MBA if you want training in a complete set of management skills, while also obtaining some advanced knowledge in real estate. You want a generalist program. You want the MS if you have decided you want a career in real estate as a high-level manager, analyst, or real estate entrepreneur. You want training in the use of advanced analytical tools and cutting-edge knowledge as applied to real estate fields. You want a specialist program.
- $125 Application Processing Fee (submit check or money order made out to "Baruch College")
- Current Resume (submit online): We expect to see professional work experience from all candidates applying.
- Application Essays. Contact us for more information.
- Official University transcript(s): Submit official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions attended, including summer study and transfer credits. Official transcripts must be in a university sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Official transcripts should arrive and be postmarked before or by the application deadline. Please be sure your official undergraduate transcript shows the completion of your degree requirements and arrives by the application deadline.
- Standardized Examination score report: All applicants are required to take either the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and submit official scores for admissions consideration. The exam must be completed within 5 years of the beginning of the term for which you are applying. All sections of the exam are considered when reviewing candidates for admissions. Please schedule examination at least 15 days BEFORE the deadline.
- Two professional letters of recommendation: We require two letters of recommendation from those that can provide insight as to how well suited you would be for a Graduate level business degree.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants educated outside the United States, whose first language is not English are required to submit scores from the TOEFL iBT, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) or the IELTS.