The Master’s Program in Quantitative Finance is available at WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) since the winter semester 2009/2010. This comprehensive 4-semester programis taught entirely in English, and provides students with a solid academic education in the field of quantitative finance.
The Master’s Program in Quantitative Finance is a full-time degree program consisting of 120 ECTS credits. Its graduates receive the title Master of Science (WU), abbreviated a MSc (WU).
With the Master’s Program in Quantitative Finance the WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is offering an exclusive, high-quality graduate education. Graduates do not only obtain immediate practical qualifications but also enhance their competitive advantage by acquiring methodological and academic skills qualifying them for specialist and management positions in diverse areas of today's dynamic and challenging financial markets. Our Master’s Program in Quantitative Finance is also aimed at those who wish to obtain the necessary prerequisites for an academic career.
The participation in this Master’s Program gives students a chance to become part of the EQUIS-accredited WU, the European Union’s largest economics and business university and to truly experience its international spirit and unique educational culture. Students will benefit from working with our outstanding faculty of internationally renowned researchers with strong links to the finance industry and will enjoy the entrepreneurial and collaborative atmosphere. Moreover, the WU is situated only a few subway stations away from the city’s famous historic downtown area and many popular recreational zones.
WU employs a rolling admission policy, allowing students to apply from the beginning of September until spring. Rolling admission for the academic year 2015/16 starts September 1st, with the following three priority deadlines: October 8th, 2014; January 8th, 2015 and March 8th, 2015.
The following requirements have to be met in order to be admitted to the Master’s Program in Quantitative Finance:
* Successful completion of a relevant Bachelor's program or an equivalent degree program at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution of education (according to § 64 (4) of the Universities Act 2002). To be considered relevant, the completed program has to meet the following criteria:
* The Bachelor's degree comprises at least 180 ECTS credits.
Examinations must be in one of the following subjects:
- business administration, and/or economics, and/or finance, worth a minimum of 60 ECTS creditsOR
- mathematics, and/or statistics, and/or computing worth a minimum of 45 ECTS credits
* Qualifications in business administration and/or economics and/or finance
* Qualifications in mathematics and/or statistics
*Adequate English proficiency: valid TOEFL: 600/250/100; valid TOEIC: 800; valid IELTS: 7.0; CAE; CPE; BEC Higher; 14 ECTS WU courses in Business English with a weighted average grade of 2.49 or better or other equivalent certificates; full Bachelor's program done in English - at least 3 years, confirmed by university
* Achievement potential (e.g. GMAT)