New Programme from 2014
Degree awarded: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Workload: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 2 years
Tuition fee: No tuition fee *
Pre-requisites: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering /Electronics, IT/Computer Systems/Systems Engineering or B.Sc. Automation/Robotics or B.Sc. Physics
*Only if the student is studying with a full study load
This programme aims to give students professional knowledge and skills for a successful career in future oriented engineering technologies, such as mechatronics, robotics and automation, which presume professional abilities to integrate, conduct and lead complex engineering projects integrating ICT and hardware technologies for solving practical problems and starting a new business.
After completing the Mechatronics programme, the student will have the knowledge and skills necessary for working as a Mechatronics Engineer and managing robotics and automation projects in industry, as well as for founding their own business or continuing PhD studies in mechatronics or a related field.
- The programme offers an unique opportunity to acquire integrated knowledge and skills in mechanical and electrical/electronics engineering along with ICT supported by courses from the faculties of Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology and Power Engineering.
- Integration of knowledge from different subject fields creates good capabilities needed for working in and leading integrated projects in industry.
- The programme is strongly oriented towards practical, hands-on projects and developing practical skills supported by laboratories of mechatronics, robotics, machine elements, production engineering, CAD/CAM and computer classes.
- Strong orientation towards facilitating the development of business skills, supported by practical course projects and the TUT interdisciplinary innovation centre MEKTORY.
- The programme conforms to internationally recognized professional engineering qualification standards.
- Strong collaboration with leading universities in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, the St. Petersburg region in Russia, and in Central Europe.
Future career options
The graduates of the programme possess skills applicable in a broad sphere, for instance as automation and robotics engineers in industry; project managers and entrepreneurs and managers of SME-s innovative companies oriented towards developing cutting edge technology or medicinal devices; health and space industry; security; products combining hardware and ICT, etc. Active and bright mechatronics engineers are urgently needed in the fields of automatic production lines and robotics (such as ABB or SIEMENS), as well as in the automotive and space industry due to expanding production, high demand and shortage of engineers.
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has prerequisites:
- Motivation letter/ personal statement 1-2 A4 pages (It should include: previous working and studying experiences; previous skills’ and experiences. Why you are interested in this programme? What kind of job do you wish to have after graduating?).
- CV - working experience benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering /Electronics, IT/Computer Systems/Systems Engineering or B.Sc. Automation/Robotics or B.Sc. Physics.
- Level of English B2 or higher. We accept TOEFL ibt (min. score 70) and IELTS (min. 5.5) certificates.
EU, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine (and students who do not need a visa to enter Estonia )
** Information on application process can be found here: http://www.ttu.ee/admission/
Last updated April 4, 2016