Master of Science in Marketing
The Master of Science in Marketing (MSMKT) is an innovative, 12 course (35 credit hour) program that allows students to develop the in-depth knowledge and practical skills necessary to design, manage, implement and evaluate marketing strategies.
This program is designed for individuals who want to enhance their career opportunities by obtaining a generalist postgraduate marketing degree with emphasis on data-driven brand management.
Intended to provide a deeper immersion into the study of marketing than is possible in a typical MBA program, the MSMKT includes many valuable experiences including: exposure to both qualitative and quantitative marketing courses ranging from creativity and innovation to analytics, the ability to select from capstone course alternatives including study abroad programs and marketing competitions, access to data modeling applications in state-of-the-art Finance Lab, access to qualitative research coaching through on-campus focus group facility, access to either an internship or consulting project, right to use to custom data analytics tools available from industry partners, the ability to join and participate in activities of the Walsh College chapter of the American Marketing Association.
Students have the option to earn a dual MSMKT and MBA degrees with only 18 additional credit hours of study for a total of 60 credits.
- COM 510 Communication and Success Strategies (3 cr)*
- QM 520 Business Analytics (3 cr)*
- MKT 550 Marketing Fundamentals (3 cr)
- MKT 554 Marketing Management (2 cr)
- IT 520 Information Technology (3 cr)
- MKT 541 Public Relations Strategy (3 cr)
- MKT 542 Consumer insights (3 cr)
- MKT 543 Creativity and Innovation (3 cr)
- MKT 551 Consumer Behavior (3 cr)
- MKT 560 Brand Management (3 cr)
- MKT 588 Prof. Internship/Consulting Project (3 cr)
- MGT 680 Capstone Course (3 cr)
*Both graduate gateway courses (COM 510 and QM 520) must be completed with a “B” (3.000) or higher to continue on in the program. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.000 must be earned while in residence. All other courses must be completed with a “C” (2.000) or higher.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 15, 2016