Upon completion of this degree, you should be able to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the range of perspectives about dental leadership.
- Think critically, strategically and reflectively.
- Become prepared as a leader to be more discerning about how you enact the role of leader in
- Communicate effectively.
- Increase your awareness in terms of your own strengths as a leader.
- Better understand the role that emotional intelligence plays in leadership and dental education.
- Apply leadership skills – Learn about traditional and contemporary leadership theories, different leadership models, and how to effect change in an organization.
- Better appreciate which areas should be further developed to improve as a leader.
- Be aware of the range of choice available in the enactment of the leadership role.
- Gain a greater ability to choose effective outcomes for your own learning and development.
- Increase your sensitivity to the many issues leaders face in variety of dental education contexts.
- Increase in your capacity to assist in leadership change initiatives, both from a theoretical and experiential standpoint.
- Better understand the Educational Psychology, principles of Learning and Teaching.
- Deepen your knowledge in curriculum development.
- Understanding assessment tools for three learning domains.
- Gain a better understanding of quality improvement in dental and healthcare organization.
- Increase your sensitivity to leadership ethics and human resource management.
- Mange conflicts and to negotiate successfully.
- Increase your skills in academic writing.
- Understand and conduct research in the domain of leadership in dental education– Interpret and apply research findings to ensure effective leadership performance.
- Make decisions using evidence-based methods.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
Blended learning (face to face & Online). Face-to-face one week a year in Ras Al Khaimah (near Dubai), United Arab Emirates
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 5, 2016