The Master in Islamic Finance is a comprehensive post graduate program for people who are seeking a detailed understanding of the concepts and mechanisms of Islamic Finance. The program offers an opportunity to study the structure of the Islamic banking and finance industry, including its theoretical foundations, products, performance, Islamic financial instruments and risk management issues.
- Duration: 18 months
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: English
- Intakes: February and September
- Degree Awarded: Master of Science in Finance Major in Islamic Finance.
- Exchange Program: Rotate between campuses. We offer the opportunity of studying in all of our campuses during the 18 months of the master program.
- Internships: GBS work with the bests and for the bests. All of our students have guaranteed internships with the most important enterprises with world-wide recognition.
- Location: Geneva Campus and Barcelona Campus
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses, Elective Courses, Master Thesis and the following Orientation Courses, which are mandatory to complete the selected major:
- Islamic Accounting
- Introduction to Islamic Finance
- Principle of Islamic Jurisprudence
- Islamic Banking
- Islamic Insurance – Takaful
- Case Studies
The program is of particular relevance to those working in, or planning to work in:
- Islamic Banker Adviser
- Islamic Banking Finance Manager
- Banking Relationship Manager
Application and Admissions
GBS’s selection process emphasises leadership potential, academic ability, personal qualities and competencies. We are looking for candidates with managerial experience, people skills and a proven academic record.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field (plus 2 years experience). For Executive Master, 5 years experience
- Completed application form with passport photo included
- Photocopy of all academic diplomas or certificates
- Official English exam results: IELTS 6.0, TOEFL IBT 70, proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years, or successful completion of the university’s admission examination.
- Photocopy of your passport
- Receipt for the payment of the application fee
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- 1 Recommendation letter
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 18, 2016