MSc International Real Estate
Real estate has become a global market, with many organisations having interests throughout the world. This gives rise to a need for advisers with a clear understanding of the way in which real estate markets function and an ability to quickly analyse the systems and institutions that underpin a market. This one-year MSc, with Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation, recognises the need for new graduates with an international perspective and offers you invaluable overseas experience via mentor-supported placements.Real estate has become a global market, with many organisations having interests throughout the world. This gives rise to a need for advisers with a clear understanding of the way in which real estate markets function and an ability to quickly analyse the systems and institutions that underpin a market. This one-year MSc, with Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation, recognises the need for new graduates with an international perspective and offers you invaluable overseas experience via mentor-supported placements.
About the Course
- Case-study-based learning
- A mentor-supported office placement in an overseas location
- A rigorous and challenging course in real estate study, featuring 'work-based learning'.
- All assessment is based on 'live case studies'.
- Interaction with practitioners and academics with exceptional international experience.
- A research enquiry-based dissertation to complete the study.
You will spend the first two terms based on campus in Cirencester in full-time study. The third term will be spent on a work placement in an appropriate overseas location. Recent entry students, for instance, were engaged on a live structured case study in Hong Kong. You will also be required to submit a research dissertation, normally four months after the completion of the overseas case study.
Who is this course for?
Graduates with a qualification equivalent to a UK Honours degree at upper second class or above, and preferably with some relevant real estate practice experience. Accredited by RICS, this MSc provides a route to full professional status for those seeking a career in real estate anywhere in the world for both local and international practice. It is therefore relevant to all students from around the world who seek a real estate qualification with a view to future practice in their home country or internationally.
- The normal minimum entry requirement will be an Honours degree at upper second level.
- Mature candidates with significant relevant work experience and lower academic qualifications may also be considered for entry, following personal interview with the Course Manager.
- If your first language is not English, we will accept the International English Language Test (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5 average with no element below 5.5.
- If you have other qualifications, including overseas awards and alternative English language qualifications, you are advised to contact Admissions to discuss the suitability of your award for entry onto the course.
Real estate professionals are in great demand and we have achieved very high levels of success in placing new graduates in major urban and rural real estate companies and advisory practices over many years.
Key areas of opportunity in practice include:
- Valuation: from a single property to major portfolios.
- Investment Management: from private client investments to major property funds.
- Strategic corporate real estate advice.
- Development advice: appraisal, finance, structuring and project management.
- Agency: from individual property sales, purchases and lettings to portfolio acquisition and disposal.
- Statutory: taxation of capital and revenue, compensation for expropriation and infrastructure development.
- Market infrastructure: advise on market development, regulation and supporting institutions.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 27, 2016