The Master of Science in International Business Finance is a 33-credit program that can be completed in either two or three years. The sequence begins with basic courses that provide general knowledge of the business world. Advanced management courses prepare individuals for challenges in the international areas of finance, management, marketing, accounting, and business strategy. GBP 600, the Graduate Business Preparatory Course, (6-credits) is an additional required program component for students who have not successfully completed prerequisites.
Course of Study
The global business environment has become an increasingly powerful force in the strategic decision-making of business executives. Students approach international business in a comprehensive fashion, developing expertise in various business disciplines, understanding multicultural influences in international enterprises, and developing awareness of ethical issues in a global economy.
Who should enroll?
The Master of Science program in International Business Finance is appropriate for students who want to pursue intensive study of global business issues, or who are planning careers in areas such as international trade, international ventures, or international finance.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (or its equivalent).
- A completed application for admission to the Touro College Graduate School of Business.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Written statement discussing your motivation, interests, and goals in pursing graduate business study.
- If applicable, an English Language Proficiency Test.
- Successful completion with a grade of "B" or better, of these prerequisite undergraduate courses: principles of accounting, finance, management, marketing, and statistics. Applicants who have not satisfied the above prerequisites are required to enroll in GBP 600, Graduate Business Preparatory Course.
- Completion of 8 core courses, 2 elective courses, and the capstone course.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better.
Graduate Business Preparatory Course (6 credits - if required)
- GBP 600 - Graduate Business Preparatory Course
Core Courses (24 credits)
- IB 605 - International Law and Regulation
- IB 610 - Introduction to International Business
- IB 620 - International Accounting
- IB 625 - International Finance
- IB 635 - International Economics
- MBA 608 - Managerial Finance
- MBA 612 - Managerial Economics
- MSB 660 - International Financial Markets
Capstone Course (3 credits)
- IB 680 - Capstone: International Business Finance
Elective Courses (6 credits)
- MBA 610 - Leadership
- MBA 613 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- MBA 637 - Investment Analysis
- MBA 690 - Strategic Management and Communication
- MSB 604 - Managing in the New Millennium
- MSB 605 - Ethics in the Global Marketplace
- IB 640 - International Marketing
- IB 698 - International Business Finance Internship
- GBP 601 - Professional Communication
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 16, 2016