Master of Science in Information Technology Management
The mission of the Master of Science Information Technology Management (MSITM) program is to produce graduates who will possess knowledge and skills which encompass the latest advances in areas of IT and management. Graduates of this program are expected to act as leaders in their fields of interest and, where appropriate, participate in the on-going process of research and development in the UAE and abroad.
The program goals seek to equip MSITM graduates with:
- a strong theoretical foundation for successful careers as IT managers/ Chief Information Officer (CIO) in the public and private sectors;
- the ability to manage and evaluate organizational information systems;
- the ability to devise and apply information technology solutions to satisfy the needs of the business community;
- the appropriate skills to pursue higher studies in related discipline.
Admission Requirements for MSITM
To meet the full matriculation requirements of the MSITM program, applicants should hold a recognized Bachelor’s degree - with a CGPA score of 3.00 or more on a 4-point scale – in Information Systems or related fields (e.g. Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and Management of Information Systems). Conditional acceptance will be offered for those applicants having IT-related Bachelor degrees but with a CGPA score ranging from 2.00 to 2.99; such candidates will be allowed to take a maximum of nine (9) credit hours during their first 2 terms of study with the stipulation that their CGPA score must average 3.00 during this probationary period (otherwise it will be necessary to repeat the courses until the required CGPA score of 3.00 is attained).
Core Courses (24 credit hours)
- ITM 550 Information Technology Project Management 3
- EGM 520 Research Methods and Statistical Analysis 3
- ITM 520 Network Security Management 3
- ITM 530 Database Management Systems 3
- ITM 540 Information Technology Strategic Management 3
- ITM 560 Emerging IT Technologies 3
- ITM 570 Knowledge Management systems 3
- ITM 620 Data Mining and data warehousing 3
*Capstone Course (3 credit hours)
- ITM 640 Capstone Project 3
- EGM 510 Engineering and Technology Management 3
- EGM 530 Management Science 3
- EGM 630 Supply Chain Management 3
*MITM Dissertation(6 Credit Hours)
- ITM 650 MITM Dissertation 6
*A student may select for 6 credit hours either (Capstone course and one elective course) or MITM Dissertation.
Admission applicant not having IT-related Bachelor degrees:
MSITM applicants not having IT-related Bachelor degrees will be required to first enrol in the foundation courses and complete four (4) preparatory non-credit courses. Full enrolment in the MSITM program will be permitted after successful completion of these preparatory courses.
- MBA 516 Management Information Systems 0
- ITM 502 Data Communication and Computer networks 0
- ITM 503 Systems Analysis and Design 0
- ITM 504 Introduction to Programming 0
Last updated May 12, 2016