TUM Asia’s Master of Science in Industrial Chemistry (MSc in IC) aims to groom future leaders in selected areas of technology. It is an enriching postgraduate course for specialist engineers in the pharmaceutical, fine & specialty chemical industries.
Conferred by Technische Universität München (Germany) and National University of Singapore (Singapore)
18 months full-time research and application-focused programme, inclusive of internship experience and Master Thesis writing.
- The student has to complete 14 modules in 2 semesters (4 Core Modules, 1 Business Technical English, 6 Elective Modules & 3 Cross Discipline Modules)
- Three Specializations to choose from: Petroleum and Petrochemistry, Biochemistry, or a Combination of 3 to 4 modules of your choice
- 45 Contact hours for every Core and Elective Module
Our professors are actively involved in research and teaching, allowing them to base the curriculum around the latest technological trends and knowledge. We fly in our TUM professors from Germany to teach on an exclusive teaching basis, ensuring no compromise on quality. The curriculum will be taught by both TUM and NUS professors, with a east-meets-west perspective for the student to gain.
You are able to complete your Internship and Thesis in Munich, Singapore or anywhere in the world, with any company or research institution.
Required to have a minimum 3-year bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent degree in other relevant disciplines
- TOEFL / IELTS (Required for applicants whose native tongue or medium of instruction from previous studies is not in English)
- TOEFL: Recent score with a minimum of 605 for Paper-based test or 88 for Internet-based test or 234 for Computer-based test
- IELTS (www.ielts.org): With academic IELTS result of at least 6.5
- CAE (Certificate of Advanced English): Grade A, B or C)
- Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) certificate (Only required for applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONS
Our online Application Portal opens on 1st November each year. Leave us your email address (through the enquiry form) and we will inform you when the Admissions Portal is open.
All applicants are required to start their Application through the online Application Portal, and then send in the list of required Hard-copy documents (via mail) in order to process your application. More information will be sent to you when you have sent us an enquiry form.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 1, 2016