Master of Science in Human Resource Management
Preparing you for a rewarding HR career in the forefront of building effective organizations.
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM) program at the top-ranked Chapman Graduate School of Business in Miami, Florida, delivers a comprehensive curriculum to help you become the strategic link between your organization's workforce and its future success. As such, this one-year, accelerated, weekend HR management program focuses on the crucial skills you need to manage within an increasingly diverse and international workplace.
Our master’s in human resources is designed for both human resource professionals and qualified college graduates with an interest in human resource management.
Graduates of this high-quality, twelve-month HR management degree program are well prepared to address the wide spectrum of challenges facing senior HR practitioners in this era of global competitive pressure and increased regulation. It prepares them for exciting HR positions such as HR manager, international human resources consultant, organizational development and change strategist, employee development professional, compensation and benefits specialist, and staffing director.
Master of Science in Human Resource Management Unique Features
The value of a master’s degree in HR management is directly related to how well it prepares you to participate in strategic planning and decision making to build strong and competitive organizations.
At the Chapman Graduate School of Business in Miami, Florida, we know we have an exceptional weekend graduate HR management program because our student ratings are so consistently high in the most important areas: curriculum, faculty, learning environment, skills development, class camaraderie, and support services. As a student, you’ll appreciate:
- a learning environment that supports individual development with attentive, responsive faculty and both academic and career counseling.
- two program start dates: August or January.
- the accelerated twelve-month course of study, with classes held on Saturdays.
- the preparation to attain the Society for Human Resource Management’s PHR or SPHR certifications—the most valued credentials in the field.
- interaction and networking opportunities with many active alumni and with the program's advisory board of prominent, multinational HR executives.
- our experienced faculty, including many well-known scholars in the discipline and members of the editorial boards of the most prestigious HR journals.
As a participant in this graduate HR management program, you’ll receive
- professional skills development in presentation, writing, and computing.
- instruction both in the classroom and online.
- discounted membership in the university's student chapter of the Greater Miami Society for Human Resource Management.
- the opportunity to work in teams to form extraordinary relationships with a strong network of fellow students, many of whom already are HR professionals.
Master of Science in Human Resource Management Curriculum
As the highest quality graduate HR management program available to working professionals in the Miami and in South Florida, our Master of Science in Human Resource Management delivers an comprehensive education covering topics ranging from HR strategy, employee performance and development, benefits, work-life balance, EEOC issues, and diversity. You’ll gain the knowledge, skills and professional network you need to join, affect, and make a difference in your company’s success.
- Human Resource Strategy and Planning
- Employment Law and Human Resource Management
- High-Involvement Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Knowledge Management
- Performance and Talent Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Labor Issues and Conflict Management
- Critical Thinking in Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Metrics
- Staffing Organizations
- Reward Systems Management
- Wellness Management