Joint Programme with University of Tartu
Degree awarded:Master of Science in Cyber Security (M.Sc.)
Language of studies:English
Tuition fee:No tuition fee if the student is studying with full study load. If student fails to study with full study load then the price of 1 ECTS is 48 EUR.
Pre-requisites:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields plus CV and essay
*The tuition fees are based on 2015–2016ECTS prices
The public focus on the field of cyber security is growing around the world. Estonia is well known for its eagerness to put innovative IT solutions into everyday use. It is a pioneer in electronic identities and electronic voting and enthusiastically adopts mobile technology, online banking and electronic government services. However, with so many e-solutions and such extensive use of the internet, attention also needs to be turned to the security issue.
The international Master’s programme in cyber security aims to provide students with skills in all aspects of the security of information systems. It gives students a unique chance to study under high-level cyber security practitioners from Estonian banks, telecoms, CERT and the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence. The programme introduces students to this exciting environment and provides them with an opportunity to conduct research within the Estonian Centre of Excellence in Computer Science.
- A programme that is unique in Europe offered in a country that has national experience of cyber attacks
- An internationally recognised qualification
- Specialisation in technological or organisational aspects or a combination of both
- Simulated learning environments for some subjects
- Teaching staff have the latest high-level cyber security experience and know-how
- International guest lecturers from related industries and institutions (banks, CERT, NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence et al.)
Future career options
The programme conveys the specialist knowledge and professional skills needed on a career path leading to high-end technical roles (e.g. security analyst, architect or research engineer) or managerial roles (e.g. project/team leader or technology officer). Great networking possibilities and collaboration with leading specialists in the field will present graduates with a range of career opportunities.
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has prerequisites:
- Motivation letter/ personal statement 1-2 A4 pages (It should include: previous working and studying experiences; previous skills’ and experiences in economics, IT, sociology or any other related field. Why you are interested in Cyber Security? What kind of job you wish to have after graduating? Have you ever been engaged with cyber security activities before? If yes, where and how?).
- CV - working experience benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields.
- Level of English B2 or higher. We accept TOEFL ibt (min. score 70) and IELTS (min. 5.5) certificates.
EU, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine (and students who do not need a visa to enter Estonia )
** Information on application process can be found here: http://www.ttu.ee/admission
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 12, 2016