Computer and Systems Engineering
Degree awarded:Master of Science in Computer and Systems Engineering (M.Sc.)
Language of studies:English
Nominal study period:2 years
Tuition fee:No tuition fee if the student is studying with full study load. If student fails to study with full study load then the price of 1 ECTS is 48 EUR.
Pre-requisites:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related to engineering. In practice, it is expected that the applicant knows how to program (preferably in C) and is familiar with the basics of discrete mathematics, higher mathematics (differential equations), electronics and control theory.
*The tuition fees are based on 2015/2016 ECTS prices
The Master’s programme in Computer and Systems Engineering focuses on designing and using complex modern computer systems. As part of the programme students cover such subjects as innovation and entrepreneurship, hardware systems design and modelling, computer architecture and programming, software project management and databases, to name but a few.
Students can choose between the following two specialisations:
- Computer Systems Design – focusing on the modelling, analysing, designing and testing of complex systems consisting of both hardware and software components; or
- Automation and Systems Engineering – focusing on the modelling, analysing and designing of automation and computer control systems.
- Individual approach to students
- Students work closely with professors
- Entrepreneurship and innovation module added to curriculum
- Curriculum renewed annually (30%) to include the most topical subjects
- Uses the latest software and hardware to develop practical skills
- Strong emphasis on testing
- Systems designing, programming and modelling
- Close cooperation and networking with the IT industry
- Develops the computing and IT management skills needed to be effective in the industry and in commerce straight away
Future career options
The programme will prepare students for jobs in small, medium and large companies in both the public and private sectors. Their jobs will involve defining, designing and using embedded computer systems and management in areas such as automotive electronics, consumer devices and telecommunications.
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has prerequisites:
- CV - working experience benefits.
- Motivation letter/ personal statement 1-2 A4 pages (It should include: previous working and studying experiences; previous skills and experiences. Why you are interested in this programme? What kind of job you wish to have after graduating?).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related to engineering. In practice, it is expected that the applicant knows how to program (preferably in C) and is familiar with the basics of discrete mathematics, higher mathematics (differential equations), electronics and control theory.
- Level of English B2 or higher. We accept TOEFL ibt (min. score 70) and IELTS (min. 5.5) certificates.
EU, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine (and students who do not need a visa to enter Estonia )
** Information on application process can be found here: http://www.ttu.ee/admission
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 4, 2016