The Master of Science in Computer Science allows students to further their understanding of computer science while focusing on its applications in video game and simulation software development. Geared toward professional software engineers and candidates with a B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, this program provides the knowledge and skills to produce cutting-edge software technology in a demanding professional environment. Students have the option of enrolling in this program full time for two years or enrolling part time and spreading their course load over four years.
Full-Time and Part-Time Options
Students have the option of enrolling in this program full-time for two years, or enrolling part-time and spreading their course load over four years.
The ideal candidate for the Master of Science in Computer Science program will have either a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field, or a more general degree and a strong background in professional game development.
The curriculum of the Master of Science in Computer Science program covers the following subjects, depending on the student’s interests and chosen degree completion track:
- Mathematics and physics, including implicit curves and surfaces, theory and applications of quaternions, computational geometry, fuzzy logic and sets, number theory, and cryptography.
- Advanced computer science, including advanced animation and modeling algorithms, advanced rendering techniques, artificial intelligence, game engine design, physically-based modeling algorithms, and ray tracing.
- Game creation, including advanced game design, documentation, project management, marketing, networking, streaming media testing, and working with external contractors.
Graduates of this program are prepared to pursue a number of intermediate-level roles in a professional game company, including:
- Senior Software Engineer
- Game Graphics Programmer
- Engine and Tools Programmer
- Artificial Intelligence Programmer
- Networking Programmer
- Solutions Architect
- Gameplay Programmer
- Audio Programmer
- Web Developer
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 26, 2015