BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - MASTER OF SCIENCE
Thank you for your interest in the master's programmes of the WiSo-Faculty.
On the followingwebpages you will find all required information on the Master Business Administration - you will get a sneak peak into the programme structure as well as all facts about the admission criteria and the selection procedure.
In a nutshell
- Standard period of study: 4 semesters, full-time
- Start: Fall term
- Degree title: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Language: specialisations Corporate Development, Finance, Marketing: English; specialisations Accounting & Taxation, Media & Technology Management, Supply Chain Management: German and English
- Fees: Only social fee
The master programme Business Administration consists of 120 ECTS- (European Credit Transfer System) Points and is designed as a 4-semester full-time programme. It is a consecutive master degree based on a bachelor degree within the field of business administration.
Being able to choose from six different special fields, you will select one major and start the focus on that respective field from the beginning. The focus can be put on the following disciplines within business administration:
- Accounting and Taxation
- Corporate Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Media Management
The Core and Advanced Section, which contains 18 credit points, will cover methodical basics of the respective major.
The Specialisation Section teaches major-specific basics and, in addition, advanced skills within the same area. This section consists of 48 credit points.
The Supplementary Section serves as an additional section to develop a more specific profile – either by deepening and specialising or by diversifying knowledge. Further modules from business administration as well as from social sciences or economics are available to students. This area covers 24 credit points.
Detailed information concerning the curricular design is available on our homepage in the area of “study”.
Only the best for your career
The M.Sc. Business Administration at the WiSo-faculty of the University of Cologne widens the knowledge gained in your bachelor studies and makes you an expert in your respective area. For many managing positions of different industries and for certain professions in research and teaching, a master is indispensable.
Furthermore, so-called “Master Fast Tracks” offer the possibility of already taking classes relevant to future PHD-studies to distinguished scholars. Further information on the programme itself and on application details for our “Master Fast Tracks” can be found here.
Not international enough?
If this is the case, get information on the Master of Science in International Management/CEMS MIM (the joint master programme with „CEMS – The Global Alliance in Management Education“), in Germany exclusively offered by the University of Cologne, or on our outstanding Double-Master Programmes in cooperation with Aalto University School of Economics in Helsinki, Finland, the Louvain School of Management in Louvain, Belgium, the Warsaw School of Economics and the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, in India. Further information can be found on the homepage of our International Office.
The admission requirements must be fulfilled until the application deadline:
Application in the case of unfinished Bachelor studies: In cases where present Bachelor studies have not been fully completed, application is permitted if the candidate has earned at least 80% of the required credits and will have achieved the remaining results by 30 September at the latest. The specific admission criteria governing the designated course of study (including the overall grade) must already have been fulfilled on the basis of the exam results available at the time of application.
Overall grade of at least 2.7 (German grade) in the Bachelor’s degree
Fulfilment of the following subject-related requirements
- At least 78 ECTS credits in the field of Business Administration and Economics
- of this at least 48 ECTS credits in Business Administration
- of this at least 18 ECTS credits in Economics
- At least 15 ECTS credits in Statistics and/or Mathematics
- Accounting and Taxation, Media and Technology Management, Supply Chain management: German and English (B2) language skills
- Corporate Development, Finance and Marketing: English language skills C1
Within the selection process each applicant receives an individual score that consists of the following criteria:
- Grade earned in the preceding Bachelor’s degree [68-34 points]
- Result of the admission test TM-WISO/ GMAT/ GRE [32 - 0 points]
The above criteria are used to determine a score for each candidate. Study places are subsequently allotted according to an applicant’s position on the ranking list.
INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION
From the end of March/ beginning of April onwards you can submit your application via WiSo Faculty's Master's Application Portal. Applicants with a (bachelor’s) degree acquired abroad must additionally apply via uni-assist online as well as postal until 15 June (date of receipt). If you apply for our Double Master’s Programme(s) the deadline is 1 may (date of receipt). Uni-assist requires the following documents:
- authenticated (and translated) copy of the bachelor certificate (and the transcript of records)
- authenticated (and translated) copy of the school certificate
- authenticated copy of the original German language certificate (German language skills are only required for the specialisations in Accounting and Taxation, Media and Technology Management and Supply Chain Management)
- authenticated copy of the original English language certificate
- authenticated copy of these documents in the original language, if translated
- as Chinese, Mongolian or Vietnamese applicant: original APS certificate. More information about the APS can be read on this website.
Please note that uni-assist charges fees.
Detailed information about the admission procedure, admission deadlines and required documents are provided at the application website.
We are looking forward receiving your application!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2016