Water resources, indispensable basis for development, food, and health, become ever scarcer and more polluted. The concept of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) offers solutions to the water crisis in linking water to other vital resources and viewing the whole water cycle together with human interventions as the basis for sustainable water management.
At Cologne University of Applied Sciences
Current global trends such as population and economic growth as well as climate change exert increasing pressure on water resources worldwide, which are the basis for food production, urban and industrial water supplies and hydropower. Experts are needed who understand that multiple problems of water resources management can only be addressed through a holistic approach considering both technical and socioeconomic problems of resources use. These experts should also have knowledge of the practices of project funding and international cooperation.
What do we offer?
- courses and technical field visits on the latest concepts and technologies of water management
- getting first hand advice from high level professionals and entrepreneurs in the water sector
- training on project management and leadership qualifications
- information on practice and projects of international cooperation
- study exchange opportunities with ITT partner universities
What do we expect?
In order to participate you should
- be highly motivated to learn and work in an international environment
- have a professional or academic background related to the water sector
- be fluent in English (TOEFL 550 point or IELTS Band 6)
- be willing to take up leadership positions in the future
What are your perspectives?
- excellent career opportunities in international cooperation and development assistance
- working for national and international companies in the expanding business sector “water management”.
- leadership positions in the public and private water sector
- become part of a network of excellence on IWRM
Students who intend to apply for the IWRM Germany have to send their application until 31.07.2015.
Application deadline: July 31st of the respective year.
Foreign applicantshave to send their application documents to UNI ASSIST latest until June 30th of the respective year.
Last updated February 9, 2016