MSc Program in Public and Nonprofit Management
Switzerland has a long tradition of well-respected public institutions, enterprises, and nonprofit organizations. They all need flexible, innovative professionals who are familiar with the specific processes and with the structure and culture of public administrations and nonprofit organizations.
What You Will Learn
The specialization “Public and Nonprofit Management” will enable you to learn all about the specific requirements of public and not-for-profit oriented organizations. You will be able to apply management tools to plan resources, quality, project, and stakeholder management. You will analyze and design complex operational structures and develop a keen understanding of interdisciplinary connections. You will advance your competencies in academic research and will conduct applied research projects with partners from the public and nonprofit sector.
Your Career Prospects
- Project management
- Research work
- Assisting members of executive boards
- Demanding specialist work
- Public affairs
- Corporate social responsibility
- Public administrations (city, canton, and state) in the areas education, health, law, security, economics, social services, culture, sports, environment, finances, and human resources
- Public enterprises in areas such as energy, transportation, telecommunication, social security, postal service, health
- Nonprofit organizations (associations, foundations, societies) in the areas development aid, politics, health, social services, social security, economy
- Private-sector organizations, such as Business consultancies or banks
Flexible and Practically Oriented
The program takes four semesters to complete and will enable you to hold a part-time position of up to 50% because of well-balanced study load and directed block seminars. Nearly half of the program is devoted to applied research. You will also take part in a foreign study trip and will organize a series of events on current topics of public and nonprofit management.
To complete your studies, you will write scientific Master's thesis on a research question of practical relevance. Our collaboration with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts will allow you to benefit from the strengths and specializations of two universities.
What You Need to Qualify
Applicants are admitted to the program subject to an application procedure. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration from an officially recognized accademic university or university of applied sciences.
- Successful completion of a related degree program worth at least 180 ECTS credits and high grades in the relevant subjects.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
At a Glance
- Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Business Administration with a Specialization in Public and Nonprofit Management (UAS Zurich)
- Start of Program: Mid-September
- Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
- Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%)
- Location: Switzerland/Winterthur
- Semester Fee: CHF 720
- Admission Requirements: Admission Procedure
- Language of Instruction: German
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2016