MSc Program in Banking and Finance
Managerial roles in banks and financial institutions require a high degree of entrepreneurial thinking, leadership abilities, solid specialist knowledge, and analytical skills. This MSc program helps you get ready to assume demanding professional and managerial positions.
What You Will Learn
The program "MSc in Banking and Finance" provides both sound scientific knowledge and practically oriented management know-how at an international level. You will learn to analyze complex tasks, identify different options, and implement solutions effectively. You will deepen your knowledge of the market and its environment and of how to manage financial services providers. You will study risk management, traditional and alternative investments, controlling and business processes, as well as corporate finance.
Your Career Prospects
- Management support
- Project management
- Staff positions
- Highly demanding specialist positions
- Leadership roles
- Consulting for managing demanding portfolios
- Financial services provider
- Pension funds
- Investment funds
- Wealth manager
- Financial consultant
Practice and Research
A flexible timetable will enable you to work part-time with a workload of 40%. The program will take you four semesters to complete and be worth 90 ECTS credits. This is the equivalent of approx. 2,700 hours of study. The MSc in Management and Law is offered jointly with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts. Nearly half of the program is devoted to applied research. You will complete your studies by completing a Master's thesis based on a practical research question.
What You Need to Qualify
- You need to meet a number of criteria to qualify for this MSc program. The main requirement is a Bachelor's degree in Banking and Finance or an equivalent university qualification in Business Administration. The admission of individual applicants is based on their overall profile and will be approved on merit.
- If you have a university degree in another, related discipline, such as business law, economic journalism, economic engineering, or economics, you may be admitted subject to additional achievements to be completed.
In addition to these basic conditions, there are additional requirements to be met:
- Foundation knowledge of banking and finance worth 30 ECTS credits
- Ability to actively follow classroom instruction in both German and English and use course materials in either language.
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Banking and Finance
Workload: 90 ECTS-Credits (approx. 2 700 hours of work)
Duration: 4 Semester (While enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 40%)
Attendance: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Start of Program: Mid-September
Language of Instruction: German and/or English
Semester Fee: CHF 720.-
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 30, 2016