Master of Public Policy
This program has been specifically designed for policy actors and managers working in government, community sector organizations. You’ll develop specialised theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in all facets of public policy.
Taught by leading policy academics and industry professionals, the program reflects the latest debates, issues and approaches to global, national and local policy making and development.
You'll explore and develop frameworks for issues such as:
- evidence-based policy and practice
- global governance
- public sector reform.
Graduates work as policy makers, advocates and managers in human service organisations, government and non-government organisations, and increasingly in the private and corporate sector.
A Graduate Diploma exit point is available.
The Master consists of 192 credit points. This incorporates the Graduate Diploma (96 credit points).
This program is primarily taught through evening classes during the week, with some courses delivered through intensive full-day workshops.
You’ll explore the links between evidence, policy and practice and learn to determine the ways in which contemporary ideas and practices enable, shape and limit public policy reform.
You’ll build essential knowledge in ethics and values in the public and community sectors, with core courses focusing on:
- program management and evaluation
- social and political theory
- policy making
- economics for policy.
You'll select elective courses lead by academic experts from a range of social science streams, including:
- public policy and management
- human services
- urban and regional planning
- environmental management
- international development and global studies
- justice studies
- human rights
Program entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent. Applicants with significant work experience may also be considered.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016