Master of Public Administration
This internationally accredited professional postgraduate programme is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of public managers. The programme may be studied in either semi-distance education or part-time format.
Faculty of ARTS
VISION AND MISSION
The vision of our Faculty is to be synonymous with the highest professional standards in Arts Education, acknowledged by the community that we serve for both our academic as well as our cultural leadership. Students are encouraged to strive for excellence in all disciplines.
The Faculty offers many academic qualifications with a more vocational and/or professional emphasis. All qualifications are led by qualified and experienced staff, many of whom have national reputations in their chosen fields. Research guidance for postgraduate degree studies leading to the Doctoral level are attended to by expert lecturers and study leaders.
- A minimum of two years of full-time study.
- Candidates who have not completed their degree within four years of their initial registration for the degree, shall be permitted to register for the degree again only if the Department has satisfied Senate that the student is making satisfactory progress.
Bachelor’s degree with Public Administration as a major.
(Please note that these are the specific programme admission requirements - the university has its own minimum admission requirements.)
Qualification Minimum Statutory Entry Requirement
- National Higher Certificate: Pass NSC, together with any other university requirements.
- Diploma: Pass NSC with an achievement rating of 3 (40-49 %) or better in four subjects, together with any other university requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Pass NSC with an achievement rating of 4 (50-59 %) or better in four subjects from the designated list, together with any other university requirements.
Qualification type: 9 (Master's Degree)
South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
Department of Education (DOE)