The Master of Public Administration will make your leadership aspirations a reality.
The internationally-recognised teaching staff at Crawford School have the real-world experience and expertise to develop your management, leadership and organisational performance skills, and help you succeed in public administration.
The program integrates theory and practice to explore contemporary public dilemmas, both locally and globally, alongside the latest debates in the social sciences regarding good public administration.
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Demonstrate understanding of historical, comparative and theoretical perspectives on public sector management and leadership
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of key debates and thinking in the field of public sector management and leadership, in Australia and globally
- Reflect critically on and engage in key theoretical debates in the field of public sector management and leadership
- Demonstrate knowledge of research principles and both qualitative and quantitative methodologies relevant to the field of public sector management and leadership
- Apply conceptual analysis and evidence to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex management, leadership and policy challenges from multiple perspectives
- Apply self-management, communication, influencing and teamwork skills to complex management and leadership challenges.
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent, with at least three years' work experience in public administration.
- All applicants must meet the University's English Language Admission Requirements for Students
- Applicants with a Bachelor Degree or Graduate Certificate in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 24 units (one semester) of credit.
- Applicants with a Graduate Diploma or Honours in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 48 units (one year) of credit.
- Students must achieve a minimum 65% weighted average mark in the initial component to continue to the concluding component.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 2, 2016