Master of Professional Accounting
Accounting is a vital business role, critical to efficient economic function around the world.
The Master of Professional Accounting delivers accredited courses to graduate students in key areas of accounting and finance.
The program is designed to provide students from a non-accounting background with the skills to operate as professional accountants. On completing the MPA, graduates are eligible to apply for associate membership of CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Core Subject This course is composed of 12 subjects
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- Business Law
- Taxation Law
- Law of Business Organizations
- Accounting for Corporations
- Advanced Issues in Accounting
- Data Analysis and Decision Modelling
- Economics for Managers
- Strategic Performance Management
Tuition fees vary depending on your location: Domestic Fee: $ 43,674 International Fee: $ 44,940
This school offers programs in:
Accounting graduates enjoy a wide range of employment opportunities in the public and private sectors including: public accounting practice, financial analysis, financial and management accounting, banking, system support and analysis, taxation and financial advising.
Successful completion of study equivalent to an Australian undergraduate Bachelor award.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements for the MBA program may need to complete 4 bridging subjects (PQP) usually taken over 4 months. There are 2 core subjects ('Management, People and Organisations' and 'Leadership and Strategic Thinking') and 2 level 3 business subjects. The tuition fees of PQP is $7,961 (incl. GST).
English Language Requirement for ALL students:
- IELTS 6.0 (no component lower than 5.5)/TOEFL iBT 79 (with minimum writing score of 19) and above; or
- Satisfactory completion of JCU Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP).
- Students who have successfully completed 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English language requirement on a case-by-case basis
Last updated April 8, 2016