Master of Power Engineering and Thermal Fluid Science
This Master’s Degree program offered by the School of Energy and Power Engineering aims to provide a rigorous and specialized training program for candidates with interests in the fields of power engineering and thermal fluid science. It makes students the opportunity for having a solid and rewarding graduate study career that will lead to acquirement of sound foundation for pursuing higher academic degree programs and development of skills and ability in power engineering and thermal fluid science.
2. Length of Study
The full-time scheme lasts for two years, consisting of four academic semesters.
3. Program Description
Students must totally complete at least 32 credits, including 10 credits earned from thesis work.
The thesis is considered to be the centerpiece of a student's graduate study. The Master's thesis is essentially a research apprenticeship under the supervision of a faculty member, and as such is usually the major contributor to the student's professional maturation.
The courses are divided into three main categories, namely Communication Module, Math Basic Module and Basic Speciality Module.
1. Under 40 years of age, & with good health status.
2. Valid ordinary passport.
3. At least an undergraduate diploma and bachelor’s degree.
March 15th to July 31st (every year).
Students are required to accomplish the course credits and complete their mandatory training within 2-3 years. In accordance to the regulations of the Degree Awarding Committee, successful candidates will receive a graduate certificate along with the master's degree.
1) XI’AN JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
2) Notarized copies of highest academic degree or undergraduate diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English.
3) Notarized copies of undergraduate academic transcripts, including courses taken and scores obtained.
4) Notarized copies of extra-curricular achievement (if any).
5) Notarized copy of your HSK result or English language proficiency test results.
6) Two recommendation letters from professor or associate professor or higher academic authority at the applicant’s parent institution. (original copies)
7) Two photocopies of your valid passport (Passport type must be ordinary), and two recent passport size photographs.
8) An application fee of RMB500 (non-refundable).
* Note: The application materials will not be returned disregard to successful admission or not. Certificates other than in Chinese or English language must be translated to Chinese or English by a legitimate notary authority.
After examining the application, the admission office will make a decision on admission notification. The successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW202 form (Visa application form), a health examination form and a guide form to the campus. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants.
* Usually the students are required to report at the admission office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of new session). Failure to do so within three weeks of the new term will be regarded as forfeiting the admission.
1) Application fee: RMB500 (non-refundable).
2) Tuition fee: 30,000 RMB/YEAR.
3) Health insurance: RMB600 per year.
4) Accommodation fee (Grade One Single: RMB80/day, other options available)
* Note: The rooms are provided with attached bathroom, telephone set, TV set, air conditioner, central heating, study desk, chair, wardrobe, bed and bedding, and an internet access socket. The grading for building type is based on total surface area and added accessories. There is a common kitchen on every floor, provided with an electric stove and a washing machine.