Master of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
This degree covers a wide range of issues related to policing, intelligence and counter terrorism in international and national contexts, including the intelligence analysis techniques and organised crime. Also considered is the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to counter terrorism, drawing on recent case studies and the funding of terrorism.
- Gives you access to experts from around the world with practical experience in all levels of security
- Lets you study the latest developments and analyse the challenges, threats and opportunities confronting the Pacific region
- Examines the impact of media and modern communications technology on policing, intelligence gathering and security
- Considers historical and contemporary dilemmas that may influence intelligence gathering and analysis, policy development and implementation in the region
- This degree can be combined with the Master of International Security Studies
Specialisations offered by the Master of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
The program is designed for policing, intelligence, military and security employees, individuals with an interest in these areas and who hold an undergraduate degree, or those that have articulated through the Postgraduate Diploma in Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent in relevant field or relevant Australian Postgraduate Certificate or recognised equivalent
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
To enter the program without prior tertiary study you must have gained substantial professional experience in a relevant field. Entry on the basis of professional experience is limited to the Postgraduate Certificate. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate will allow you to articulate into higher level degrees within the program.