Almost all graduates from the Master of Leadership and Management in Education were able to advance their careers and secure promotional positions. Most teachers have ended up as head-teachers, assistant and deputy principals and principals. One graduate has become the CEO of an educational system. In Australia, career advancement opportunities exist in the public, Catholic and private sector schools. Similar opportunities exist in overseas countries.
What will you study?
The Master of Leadership and Management in Education at the University of Newcastle is a cutting edge, practically oriented, highly relevant master's degree program for education and training of leaders and managers. The program has attracted students from all Australian states and territories, and 34 countries. You will have the option to study anywhere in the world.
It has been completed, not only by teachers and school executives, but also by senior nurses, nursing managers, military personnel, and business managers.
- EDUC6016: Leadership & strategic management (Compulsory Course)
- EDUC6017: Organisational behaviour &managing people (Core – Group A)
- EDUC6018: Information technology & education (Core- Group A)
- EDUC6019: Instructional leadership & program evaluation (Core – Group A)
- EDUC6020: Operating Context in Educational Management (Core – Group A)
- EDUC6032: Introduction to Educational Administration (Core – Group A)
- EDUC6033: Educational Administration: Theory & Practice (Group B)
- EDUC6034: Leading educational change (Group B)
- EDUC6035: Administrative behaviour & educational management (Group B)
- EDUC6036: Information technology and educational leadership (Group B)
Requirements for the successful completion of Master of Leadership and Management (MLMEd) Degree Program
You will need to successfully complete the 'Compulsory Course' and not less than three 'Group A' courses together with four other courses within 'Group A' and 'Group B'.
Is leadership and management in education for you?
The Master of Leadership and Management in Education program was developed by the University of Newcastle to meet the growing demand for professional development of the practising and prospective leaders, managers, other executives and educators for the 21st Century. The program is geared towards improving your knowledge and understanding, by relating theory and best practices to your own contexts and situations, thus enabling you to develop the skills and competencies necessary to refine and improve practice to function as pro-active and more effective leaders and managers.
This school offers programs in: