The tourism and hospitality industries are undergoing strong growth in Asia.
With the rising affluence of middle-class populations, growing regional and global trade, there are excellent opportunities available in the hospitality and tourism industries.
The Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management provides an opportunity for existing graduates in tourism and other industries to upgrade their qualifications and take advantage of this growth. This program is an innovative masters' level degree that combines tourism, hospitality and business management to give executives and managers the skills required to succeed.
Awards, Rankings & Benefits
- James Cook University was awarded the Queensland Tourism Award 2007 for Tourist Education and Training category.
- The journal Tourism Management ranks James Cook University in the third place worldwide in the tourism-related research (Nov 2007)
- The university was awarded the Premier of Queensland's Export Award for Education two years running.
- The university has several research centres including The Tropical Tourism and Hospitality Centre which demonstrates our research strength and reputation within the industries.
James Cook University's programs have met the Associate Member Assessment criteria of the International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE).
- Marketing Management
- People in Organisations
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Comparative Global Business Systems
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Practical or Research Project
- Introduction to Tourism and the Environment
- Tourism Systems Analysis
- Tourism and Hospitality Operations Management
- Global Destination Competitiveness
- Tourist Management Strategies
- Economic Decision-Making in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality and Gastronomy: Social, Private and Commercial
- PLUS three elective subjects
The Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management provides opportunities for graduates to pursue careers in the travel and tourism industry, events management, tourism policy and hotel & tourism property management.
- Domestic* S$43,674
- International S$44,940
*Fees apply to all Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding Student's Pass).
Note: All course fees include prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 19, 2016