Master of International Business
Gain the skills required to investigate complex problems and address the important challenges of sustainable international business.
The Master of International Business is designed for students seeking global careers in private, public or not-for-profit organisations. It will provide you with the skills to critically engage with the concepts, theories and methods, as well as the contemporary practices of international business including research, operational leadership, cross-cultural competency, analytical and technical competency, problem-solving and effective communication.
Learning and teaching
Most courses are presented in regular 3-hour classes, together with some periods of intensive teaching at the Melbourne City campus.
Classes may be held during the evenings, or as full day or weekend sessions at the Melbourne City campus. The exact format varies from course to course. Students might be required to undertake solo or group work, and independent study and project work outside of teaching periods.
This program is also offered through Open Universities Australia (OUA). To study in online mode, please apply through OUA.
RMIT's Swanston Academic Building features wireless connection to printers, the web and specialist learning resources, interactive lecture and tutorial spaces, lectorial theatres, small-group rooms and other innovative learning spaces as well as retail and social spaces.
RMIT offers a variety of learning and teaching approaches including lectures, seminars, studios, workshops, presentations, group discussions and syndicate work. These are primarily in English. You will have access to online resources through the myRMIT student portal.
Methods of assessment will vary between courses, as appropriate to learning objectives or outcomes. Assignments and projects may be based on case study scenarios, specific problems, real-world applications of theory in practice, business simulations and research. They may be undertaken in teams or individually. They will provide you with experience in writing reports and essays, research and reasoning, and oral presentations. Assignments and projects are also designed to provide you with feedback on your progress.
You must complete 192 credit points, which equals 16 courses (12 credit points each). If you are granted advanced standing, this will be reduced to 12 courses (12 credit points each). The program is structured in stages to enable you to:
- gain a solid background in business
- undertake coursework specific to global business and sustainable futures
- combine core discipline knowledge with electives to consolidate the knowledge you have gained through your studies
- select electives to suit your chosen career or specific areas of interest
- Contemporary Issues in International Management is a compulsory work-integrated learning course studied in the first year of the program. In this course you will investigate and study in-depth an important management issue of current interest.
Core courses, case studies and learning activities will provide you with the capacity to address the international regulation of business, apply critical common sense to corporate and societal issues, act responsibly, and understand the consequences of actions beyond your immediate work environment. The wide range of elective courses available at RMIT gives you the flexibility to undertake complementary studies in line with your career aspirations including proficiency in another language or minor thesis in research.
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 1.0 (out of 4.0)/50%/Pass.
English language requirements:
To study this program you will need to complete 1 of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016