Master of Information Technology
The Master of Information Technology is designed for students who are established IT professionals and want to hone their skills in a particular area, build on the knowledge gained in their undergraduate degree, or to simply give themselves the edge in career advancement.
The Master of Information Technology program provides the opportunity to strengthen your understanding of underlying principles by applying them to practical, industry focused problems. Knowledge and skills gained in the coursework units is consolidated in a project unit in a leading edge topic.
- Study units have been developed in partnership and consultation with industry
- Professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Gives you the opportunity to undertake a major project, providing you with practical, often industry-based experience
- Specialisations are available in Information Systems, Management, Security and Network Management, and Web Engineering
- Offers students who successfully complete the Master of Information Technology with a minimum GPA of 3.50, the chance to proceed to the Master of Information Technology Consulting (subject to an interview)
Information Technology graduates who are seeking to hone their skills in specialist areas, or experienced IT professionals who are seeking to consolidate and advance their existing skills with the latest in best practice.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent with substantial computing component and GPA of 2.75 (out of 4.00),
- OR Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent in a non-ICT discipline and three years of relevant work experience,
- OR completion of a Graduate Diploma in an ICT discipline
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Work experience requirements
Only if you have not completed an undergraduate Computing qualification.
Master of Information Technology graduates who are seeking to develop their skills in our specialist areas, who wish to gain some relevant practical experience and networking contacts in the Australian IT industry might want to enrol the Master of Information Technology Consulting (Cricos code: 061017G) for another year and complete then two years of study.