Master of Information Technology - Interactive Technologies and Games Design
Electronic games and animation are now an integral part of the enormous global entertainment industry. Social networking and online video share sites like Facebook, Twitter and You Tube attract hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Interactive Technologies and Games Design focuses on both the front and back end integration of interactive technology design and Interactive technologies – Web 2.0 applications, Digital Media, Web/Mobile Technologies and platforms, 2D/3D Graphics, Animation, Games Design, Computation Arts, Interactive Visualisation, Autonomous Simulation and Virtual Worlds.
Our Master of Information Technology program is fully accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the 'Professional Level' (its highest level).
- ICT Project 1: Analysis and Design
- ICT Project 2: Implementation and Commissioning
- Advanced E-Security
- E-Business Technologies
- Advanced Human Computer Interaction
- Advanced Game Design
- Advanced Animation Techniques
- Intelligent Agents and Simulation
- Plus 4 electives
Tuition fees vary depending on your location: Domestic Fee: $ 43,674 International Fee: $ 44,940
This school offers programs in:
As a games developer you could be working on the creation and production of computer games, handheld games, console games, arcade games, ‘Flash’ games for internet use and games for mobile phones. Everything from creating and designing a game’s look and how it plays, animating characters and objects, creating sound, programming, testing and producing. Designing games is a multi-billion dollar industry with large games development studios, some of which have bases in Singapore.
There are a wide range of opportunities available within the industry, although competition is intense and you need to demonstrate a high level of achievement.
An undergraduate degree in information technology or a related discipline or other qualifications deemed equivalent.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements for the Master Information Technology program may need to complete 4 bridging subjects usually taken over 4months.
English Language requirements for ALL students
- IELTS 6.0 (no component lower than 5.5)/ TOEFL iBT (with minimum writing score of 19) and above; or
- Satisfactory completion of the JCU Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP)
- Students who have successfully completed 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English language requirement.
Last updated April 8, 2016