Master of Food Science and Chemical Engineering
The specialty of food science and engineering in School of Food and Chemical Engineering of Beijing Technology and Business University (BTBU) was established in 1984 when the university were called Beijing institute of light industry. The gift of food science master was awarded in 2005, and presently it is Beijing key construction discipline. Food science and engineering had been awarded as Beijing characteristic subject in 2008 and approved as national characteristic specialize construction point by ministry of education and ministry of finance in 2009.
The graduated student of food science and engineering should have solid theoretical foundation and professional knowledge food science. They should also have the ability to independently undertake the scientific research or to operate the specialized engineering work. The major research directions of this project are as follows:
(a) food additives and ingredients research, including molecular structure and flavor, research and development of new food additives;
(b) Food Chemistry, including the identification of odor-active compounds in some special food and the formation pathway of these compounds; the effectiveness of some composition in food or food ingredients;
(c) Food processing and storage, including the postharvest preservation processing technology for fruits and vegetables, and the development and utilization of agricultural resources;
(d) deep processing of agricultural byproducts, during these studies, biotechnology, genetic engineering, enzyme engineering and fermentation engineering are applied as a means of processing, and these studies focus on the preparation and process of food, food ingredients and food additives.
1. The TOEFL iBT score of 70 points at least, or IELTS score at least 5.5, or the relevant certificates of English as the working and learning language for university study, if non-native English speakers apply the program.
2. Possess bachelor degree above, and previous major should be relevant.
3 .Provide undergraduate diploma notarized copies and the score report’s transcripts or notarized copies of undergraduate courses. When the diploma is neither Chinese nor English, you should provide notarized Chinese or English translated document.
4. Provide research and study plan in China (1500 words at least), written in Chinese or English.
5. Provide recommendation letters by two professionals with the title of professors or associate professors.
6. A photocopy of the front page of a valid passport.
7. The Foreigner Physical Examination Form
8. Submit all of the application materials on line.
Modern food chemistry, Advanced Biochemistry, Food and Nutrition, Pope Science, Functional Ingredients, the Progress in Food Safety Research, New Technology in Food Engineering.
This school offers programs in: