Master of Finance
This program will enhance your analytical and problem-solving abilities and develop your understanding of basic principles of finance, econometrics, research and the analysis of financial markets.
You will have access to comprehensive financial databases and use sophisticated software like the Treasury Training Facility for option simulations and treasury dealing.
You must complete 192 credit points, which equals 16 courses (12 credit points each). If you are granted advanced standing, this will be reduced to 12 courses (12 credit points each). The program is structured in stages to enable you to:
- gain a solid background in business
- undertake coursework specific to finance
- combine core discipline knowledge with electives to consolidate the knowledge you have gained through your studies
- the opportunity to undertake a research project in the final stage of the program.
All applicants are expected to have above-average computer skills.
Graduates may work in the financial sector or in the treasury/finance functions of large or small corporations.
Job roles can include:
- credit manager
- financial analyst
- financial controller
- finance director
- fund manager
- working capital specialist.
Professional recognition and accreditation
Graduates qualify to become Senior Associates (SA Fin) of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia) and a Certified Finance and Treasury Professional (CFTP) of the Finance and Treasury Association.
Program entry requirements
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline that includes quantitative studies from a recognised tertiary institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (out of 4.0)/60%/Credit.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016