Master of Finance - Investment Management (IMM)
The full-time day-time Master of Finance – Investment Management (FT MoF-IMM) programme aims to provide degree graduates who would like to specialize in investment management, particularly those with no or little work experience, with a combination of solid finance concepts and up-to-date industry know-how. Furthermore, the programme prepares students for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) examination.
On completion of the FT MoF-IMM programme, graduates will be able to:
- understand conceptual frameworks drawn from Accounting, Risk Management, Economics, Quantitative Method and Law to the analysis of investment and corporate finance issues.
- solve asset management/corporate finance problems as they present themselves in real-life situations.
- formulate financial strategies and policies.
- envision possible outcomes on financial and strategic recommendations, and to evaluate the performance in a relevant and effective way.
- Candidates with no or little work experience are welcome to apply;
- Students are able to complete the Master’s programme in ONE year;
- The most up-to-date industry practices are incorporated into the curriculum to makethe programme a unique synthesis of academic theories and professional practices;
- The programme is taught by staff from the School of Accounting and Finance which is accredited by The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) of Hong Kongas a recognized institution for providing continuous professional training.
- The programme has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Programme. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programmes incorporate at least 70% of the CFA programme Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) providing students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positioning them well to sit for the CFA examinations.
- The Master of Finance (MoF) programme at PolyU is proud to be an academic partner with GARP for risk education.
- You have to complete 6 Compulsory Subjects (i.e. 18 credits), 4 Elective Subjects (i.e. 12 credits), and 2 Compulsory Capstone Subjects (i.e. 6 credits).
- A total of 36 credits are required forthe Master of Finance (Investment Management) award.
- Students will study six subjects in each of Semesters 1 and 2.
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university, preferably with at least a second-class lower division honour, or equivalent; AND
- A minimum score of 600 (Total, Verbal, and Quantitative Scores) in the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) OR a minimum score of 600 (or its equivalence under the revised General Test) in both Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning in Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification was awarded by an institution at which the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University's minimum English language requirement for admission.
Suitable candidates may be invited to attend admission interviews.
Local students: The tuition fee is HK$183,600 per programme (36 credits)
Non-local students : The tuition fee is HK$237,600 per programme (36 credits)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 15, 2015