We recognize that technical experts working in Cybersecurity have diverse academic and professional backgrounds. Therefore, our admissions requirements allow for diversity but also must ensure that qualified students are prepared to succeed in this highly technical academic program. We offer three levels of admission depending upon the academic background, academic performance, and professional experience of the applicant. Please note that three letters of recommendation (preferably professional letters) are required for admission.
- Prerequisite requirement: ENEE 150 or equivalent.
- Further admissions requirements.
- Full Admission: applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Provisional Admission: applicants who have a degree in a closely related field of study (i.e. Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Information Systems), and a GPA of 3.0 or better must also possess at least one (1) of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, GIAC GSEC, or Certified Ethical Hacker certification. Applicants admitted with Provisional Admission will need to complete two core courses with at least a B or better in each course.
- Advanced Special Student Admission: applicants with a bachelor’s degree in other fields of study with a minimum 3.0 GPA, one of the above mentioned certifications, and 2+ years work experience in Information Technology or other closely related field. To qualify for this admission, applicants must submit a detailed description of their technical work experience as a personal statement attached to the Applicant Supplement Form (ASF). Applicants admitted as Advanced Special Students will need to complete two core courses with at least a B or better in each course in order to be considered for Provisional Admission later on.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016