Master of Engineering in Computer Science
Options: Computer Imagery & Distributed and Embedded Systems
This two-year programme aims to make its attendees experts in the fields of digital image and distributed real time systems.
While the first year consists of a common core focused on fundamentals of both fields, courses of the second year are oriented towards two specialisations: one in digital imaging, covering topics of image analysis, computer vision, and image synthesis with equal importance, the other on distributed real time systems, with a special emphasis on software issues and networking. During the second year, students are required to conduct a research or development project with either a company or a laboratory in France, or in another foreign country.
Entrepreneurship and innovation issues, as well as French culture and language are also considered. Further to this master, students may undertake a PhD, or start an engineering career.
- Industrial vision (industrial control, quality control)
- Virtual reality for engineering, architecture, urbanism
- Games and multimedia
- Medical imagery (magnetic resonance, echography)
- Information geographic systems, satellite images
- Automotive and aeronautic industry
- Automation and control
- Banks, services, etc.
Thanks to the management training included in the program, Graduates are able to develop their careers towards various managing positions such as product manager, project leader, or technical director.
- Discrete geometry
- Mathematical morphology and Image processing
- Modelling and optimisation
- Pattern recognition
- Computer architectures design
- Control and optimal scheduling for real time systems
- Model driven development for embedded systems
- Model checking and control synthesis for real time systems
Technological equipment and platforms
- Imagery lab with frame grabbers and video cameras
- Virtual reality platform
- Real-time distributed system platform with CAN boards, DSpace boards, mobiles robots
- 2 CISCO network labs (CISCO certification)
- Blade center IBM (96 processors, 2 TB RAM)
- 3D scanner
- 3D screen
- Electrical vehicle RobuCab