Apply Now! We are now accepting applications.
Master of Engineering Technology (METC)
CRICOS code: 066846G
Units to complete: 12
Duration: on campus 1.5 years full–time, distance 3 years part–time
Start date: March, July
• English IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
• 3-year degree in engineering, science or technology in the same field of study as their proposed major study
• 4-year degree in engineering from a recognised institution
• Demonstrated high level of academic performance
This program is appropriate for those students who wish to extend their knowledge of a specific area of engineering. The masters program also includes provision for students to evaluate information critically, and to select and apply an appropriate methodology to a particular research problem. The masters program builds on the graduate certificate and allows students to take either an Engineering Technology Studies Pathway (12 coursework units) or undertake a project and prepare a dissertation (8 coursework units and a 4-unit research project).
1 core course PLUS 7 courses from 1 x METC major PLUS 4 courses from:
- Engineering Technology Studies Path
- Project and Dissertation Path
A maximum of 6 units of exemptions may be granted for the METC, provided the following requirements for courses are met:
• claims must be for graduate studies
• not used to meet the requirements of any undergraduate award
• completed within a period of 5 years prior to the date of application for exemptions.
Provided all requirements are met, students will be able to exit with:
4 units - Graduate Certificate in Engineering Technology
Master of Engineering Technology
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 18, 2015