Master of Engineering Management
The Master of Engineering Management programme is a flexible, high-quality postgraduate management qualification for professionals with an engineering or equivalent technology background.
Depending on your technical background and practical work experience, the knowledge and skills acquired in the Master of Engineering Management will equip you for a wide range of career options and management positions within international industries.
- Gain a quality degree from New Zealand’s top University, ranked 82nd in the QS World University Rankings 2015/16.
- The University is ranked 59th in the world for Engineering and Technology. Our individual subject rankings are 43rd for Civil & Structural Engineering, and in the top 100 for Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering,and Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering (QS World University Rankings 2015/16).
- The University of Auckland is home to the largest number of top-rated researchers of any New Zealand university (Performance Based Research Fund Report 2012).
- Student life is vibrant within the faculty, with the Engineering Atrium providing a relaxed environment for students that can be used for both study and socialising. The atrium includes an oval-shaped 250-seat lecture theatre, four new computer laboratories and a café.
The Master of Engineering Management is a full-time, one-year programme made up of a project component and elective courses. The elective courses cover both Engineering and Business, and enable you to design a personalised curriculum and study plan to suit your personal learning objectives and career aspirations.
The industry-based project component involves the application of sound engineering management principles in practice.
To gain entry into the Master of Engineering Management, you must have a bachelors honours postgraduate degree in engineering, or an equivalent degree, from a recognised institution.
Alternatively, you can gain entry with a relevant bachelors degree from a recognised institution, plus a minimum of three years of relevant industry experience.
Additionally, you must provide written consent from a company willing to host your compulsory project in Engineering Management.
In assessing your application, we will take into account the ranking of the institution at which you have completed your bachelors degree as well as the grades achieved in the relevant subjects (you will need a grade-point average of equivalent to a B or 5).
The Master of Engineering Management is taught entirely in English. You must therefore be able to understand, speak and write English fluently. To be eligible for entrance, international students must achieve:
- Academic IELTS 6.5, with no band less than 6.0 or
- TOEFL (paper-based) 575 (TWE 4.5) or
- TOEFL (internet-based) 90 (written 21)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 2, 2016