Master of Electrical Engineering
The master's program offered by the School of Electrical Engineering helps the students to gain knowledge and skills in a selected electrical engineering field that matches their interest, and to build solid foundation for a successful career as a professional engineer in a wide industrial or academic range. In this program, the students will develop their analyzing, designing and experimental abilities through courses, labs, project studies, and independent research.
2. Length of study
The full-time scheme lasts for two years, consisting of four academic semesters.
3. Program description
Each student will be under direct supervision of a faculty member, who helps to make an education plan for the individual student within the first semester according to her or his researching interest. Firstly, a variety of classroom subjects are provided to the students in mathematics, computer science, and other fundamental fields of electrical engineering to build their strong theoretical background; secondly, more specialized courses and laboratory units are introduced to the students to learn up to date issues of interest in specific EE research areas and useful techniques that equip them well for further work; thirdly, each student carries out research independently and completes her or his thesis.
The program of study must be well balanced, emphasizing one or more of the theoretical or experimental aspects of electrical engineering.
At least 32 credits are required to get the graduation certification.
The master's degree of Electrical Engineering School requires the completion of a satisfactory thesis. The thesis will be based on an individual or group research project in which each student has defined role and responsibility. The project leading to the thesis enables the students to combine course studies with practical experience and to develop comprehensive engineering capabilities.
1. Under 40 years of age, & with good health status.
2. Valid ordinary passport.
3. At least an undergraduate diploma and bachelor’s degree.
March 15th to July 31st (every year).
Students are required to accomplish the course credits and complete their mandatory training within 2-3 years. In accordance to the regulations of the Degree Awarding Committee, successful candidates will receive a graduate certificate along with the master's degree.
1) XI’AN JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
2) Notarized copies of highest academic degree or undergraduate diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English.
3) Notarized copies of undergraduate academic transcripts, including courses taken and scores obtained.
4) Notarized copies of extra-curricular achievement (if any).
5) Notarized copy of your HSK result or English language proficiency test results.
6) Two recommendation letters from professor or associate professor or higher academic authority at the applicant’s parent institution. (original copies)
7) Two photocopies of your valid passport (Passport type must be ordinary), and two recent passport size photographs.
8) An application fee of RMB500 (non-refundable).
* Note: The application materials will not be returned disregard to successful admission or not. Certificates other than in Chinese or English language must be translated to Chinese or English by a legitimate notary authority.
After examining the application, the admission office will make a decision on admission notification. The successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW202 form (Visa application form), a health examination form and a guide form to the campus. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants.
* Usually the students are required to report at the admission office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of new session). Failure to do so within three weeks of the new term will be regarded as forfeiting the admission.
1) Application fee: RMB500 (non-refundable).
2) Tuition fee: 30,000 RMB/YEAR.
3) Health insurance: RMB600 per year.
4) Accommodation fee (Grade One Single: RMB80/day, other options available)
* Note: The rooms are provided with attached bathroom, telephone set, TV set, air conditioner, central heating, study desk, chair, wardrobe, bed and bedding, and an internet access socket. The grading for building type is based on total surface area and added accessories. There is a common kitchen on every floor, provided with an electric stove and a washing machine.