Master of Education
The Master of Education is designed for teachers, managers, policy makers, and educations professionals wanting to deepen their knowledge and understanding of educational theory, practice, policy and process.
This qualification does not lead to registration as a teacher in schools.
Students are required to complete 8 subjects (24 credit points) based on availability and scheduling.
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Behaviour Management
- Issues in the Education and Care of Young Children
- Research in Early Childhood Education
- Introduction to Educational Research
And students may also select subjects from the below programs, provided they meet the selection criteria for the subjects.
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Tertiary Teaching)
- Master of Guidance and Counselling
This school offers programs in:
Graduates move into leadership and management positions within schools and other organisations, gain academic appointments and take appointments as educational consultants and researchers.
- Successful completion of a recognised undergraduate degree
- Entry requirements for this course are consistent with the Pathways to Qualifications in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF level 9) Guidelines for Masters degrees.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0)/TOEFL iBT 90 (with minimum writing score of 21) and above; or
- Students who have successfully completed 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English language requirement on a case-by-case basis.
Last updated May 26, 2016