Master of Education
Ready to delve deeper and discover more for Education? Earn your Masters by producing a thesis or project through original research to make a valuable contribution to the field.
This program will challenge you with ideas about how a generation of new knowledge in Education might inform action.
This program is an essential requirement for further academic research.
The key characteristics of your thesis or project might be:
- industry partnership
- research linked to action
- positive change for the organisation and individual
- action learning/action research approaches within a project framework.
You'll be encouraged to see an explicit relationship between research, learning and change.
You'll need to formulate your own topic. You'll have an academic supervisor who has broad expertise in an area related to your topic. Your supervisor will be available for regular consultation and will help you maintain optimal progress.
You must do a research methods course worth at least 12 credit points. We recommend you enrol in Research Design: Theory and Practice in Semester 1.
A Master of Education by research is critical requirement for research-oriented employment and tertiary academic positions.
This program will present you with opportunities for employment in research centres and institutes, and senior leadership and management positions in a variety of education environments.
Program entry requirements
Completion of an Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band 7.0 with no individual band below 6.5
- TOEFL (Paper Based) minimum score of 600 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test – iBT) minimum overall score of 100 with a minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) minimum score of 65 no band less than 58, or
- Cambridge English(Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
Last updated January 6, 2016