Master of Education by Research
This successful Master of Education (MEd) degree provides graduate candidates with an opportunity to develop their knowledge of education and their critical analytical skills at masters-level through further study and research. Study for MEd is an opportunity to reflect on practice and engage with cutting edge international research in education. It will lead to enhanced practice and provide a foundation for doctoral studies in education.
Master of Education by Research programme provides graduate candidates with an opportunity to gain intensive training in educational research methodologies while undertaking an in-depth research study in any major area of education. This programme is
especially suited to candidates who are planning to progress to doctoral level research studies.
- A good honours degree (at least second class lower) or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Evidence of English proficiency at the level of at least an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or a credit in the GCE ‘O’ level English Language.
- Evidence of Malay proficiency at the level of at least a credit in the GCE ‘O’ level Malay Language. Applicable for applicants applying for Malay medium Master’s Degree programme.
- Applicants are required to submit a research proposal which is normally expected to include the following: proposed title, rationale, aims and methodology, literature review, preliminary bibiliography, provisional table of contents.
- Successful performance in an interview and any test required.
UBD has opened its door to international students since its early beginning. Early on, ASEAN students make up most of the international students of UBD. The diversity expanded today with more coming in from East Asia (China and Japan), Europe, Africa and the Mid-East.
English is the main medium of instruction at UBD and widely spoken in Brunei Darussalam. The degrees offered therefore, provide opportunities for International Students to access to future employments globally. This environment also provides international students the avenue to learn English throughout their study and daily life, making it easier for them to make friends and socialize.
UBD is so close to the city centre, and Brunei main attraction sites. UBD is adjacent to the Tungku Beach; that many of its buildings, in particular the student accommodation - The Core, and the University Technology Hub, overlook the beautiful South China Sea.
UBD is such a friendly environment and international students will feel at home with the array of clubs and things to do. There are also a variety of programmes to ensure new students to transition into UBD through The International Student Service Unit of Student Affairs Section.
This school offers programs in: