Master of Economics
This globally focused degree is designed for graduates who want to become professional economists or econometricians. Even if you have not studied economics at undergraduate level you can graduate with a world-class specialisation in economics.
- Offers a wide range of subjects exploring the theoretical and applied aspects of modern economics at an advanced level
- Provides a strong global focus and a comprehensive, international outlook, ensuring you are ready for the next step in your career
- Puts you at the forefront of new knowledge as you are taught by highly qualified academic staff with industry-relevant experience
- Broadens your skills and equips you with the knowledge required to move between roles
Professionals wanting to expand their career opportunities and further develop their analytical and decision-making skills. This degree allows you to make the jump to the next level in your career.
Many opportunities exist in both the private and government sectors of business and industry. Graduates can work as financial analyst, market analyst, investment analyst, business journalist, Management consultant, researcher, statistician and planning/policy analyst.
This degree can also be a pathway to a PhD in Economics.
Master of Economics graduates are in high demand with central banks, government departments, international organisations, financial institutions, regulators and large organisations.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 2.70 (out of 4.00)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification