Master of Design Innovation and Technology
Taught within RMIT’s renowned Spatial Information Architecture Laboratory (SIAL) led by Professor Jane Burry, this unique Master by coursework program will prepare you to be a design leader in a rapidly changing environment.
A primary objective of this program is to speculate on the future of design practice. Advances in the digital age have already transformed design practice, but we are only at the beginning of a greater revolution in the integrated application of technology and its influence on the workflow process of design through to construction.
As innovation in spatial and architectural design practice is positioned at the intersection of several disciplines, this program would appeal to students from a wide variety of professions such as architecture and design, industrial design, computer science, engineering, media and sound design.
Global intensive design studios are offered from Melbourne, Barcelona, Ho Chi Minh City and occasionally other cities in the world where SIAL has strong partnerships (destinations will vary from year to year).
This program is structured to accommodate working professionals who want to advance the use of technology in their design practice.
A Graduate Diploma is offered as an alternative exit point after 1 year.
- Designing Information Environments
- Designing Responsive and Adaptive Environments
- Digital Fabrication, Construction and Advanced Manufacturing
- Spatial Sound Design and Urban Soundscape.
An Australian undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline.
English language requirements:
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016