Master of Communication
Are you interested in understanding the social context of the communication industry?
This program provides a combination of theoretical communication studies, professional training and research, with courses offered in everything from philosophy to new media and cultural studies.
The program’s unique flexibility, commitment to relevance and passion for diversity allows you to design your own study program according to your personal needs and interests.
As a full-time or part-time student, you will be exposed to various modes of study as well as cutting-edge knowledge in communication research and professional practice. Much of the program’s strength lies in the diversity of students it attracts, which also enriches your learning experience.
The program is professionally-oriented. The practice areas are:
- public relations
- professional writing and journalism
- editing and publishing
- new media technology.
You will have the opportunity to study these areas alongside students from other media and communication disciplines.
As well as the practice areas above, courses are offered in the areas of:
- communication theory and practice
- public relations
- cultural studies
Program entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants with significant work experience or professional practice in the discipline may also be considered.
You must include with your application a short (400-500 word) explanation of your interest in undertaking the Master of Communication.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band 7.0 with no individual band below 6.5
- TOEFL (Paper Based): minimum score of 600 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 5.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - iBT): minimum overall score of 100 with a minimum of 24 in writing and 22 in all other sections
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Test of English (PTE Academic) minimum score of 65 no band less than 58.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016