Growing demographic segments within the workplace have necessitated a greater understanding of people skills and a need for staff development. This program is designed for professionals and recent psychology graduates looking to advance their management skills from a psychological perspective to enhance performance outcomes within the corporate business sector.
The Master of Business Psychology through the University of Newcastle is a highly rated established program for individuals looking to further their competitive edge and develop their career prospects in management. Graduates will be provided with an advanced understanding of human behaviour and how this can be applied to manage workplace relationships.
Our advanced online learning system provides you with the flexibility and support to study anytime, anywhere to balance work, life and study. It’s completely online, so you can achieve your Master of Business Psychology at a time that suits you.
Is it for you?
Are you a business professional looking to advance your career in management and gain specialised experience in people skills or a professional who already has psychology training but wants to learn more about psychology in the business sector? Corporate professionals and recent psychology graduates will gain advanced experience in management processes, interviewing and assessing staff, managing difficult people, managing difficult situations and the skills to become an influential person within the business world.
The Master of Business Psychology focuses on developing a higher understanding and specialised skills in applied psychology and organisational behaviour in the workplace. This postgraduate qualification can be the key to your future career success and can provide the knowledge to leverage your business to a new level.
There are opportunities to exit the Master program with either a Graduate Certificate, depending on the number of units completed.
The Master of Business Psychology will prepare individuals for a number of career opportunities that require specialised interpersonal and advanced communication skills. Graduates may be employed in mid to senior management positions across the public and not-for-profit sectors. Other prospective career paths include:
- Consultant for human services, recruitment, change management and communications
- HR specialist
- Case management and managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Program manager for community work or health
- Organisational trainer/training manager
- Customer service manager.
Today, successful managers are required to have a greater understanding of people skills and staff development within the work environment, be flexible and have the ability to enhance performance outcomes for their business.
A Master of Business Psychology offers professionals a specialised program that challenges your approach to leadership and enhances your ability to think from a or business psychology perspective.
You will develop an understanding and application of business psychology and how this can be used in people management to enhance business outcomes. Professionals have the opportunity to learn, understand and apply specialised theoretical management frameworks and advanced business skills which are transferable to all areas of business and human resources.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) in a different discipline area (also called non-cognate discipline) to Psychology are eligible to undertake the 160 unit program which can be completed in 2 years full time or 4 years part time.
- Students with a three year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) in a Psychology discipline (or cognate discipline) are eligible to undertake a 120 unit program which can be completed in 1.5 years full time or 3 years part time.
- Students with a four year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 8) in a non-cognate discipline or a combination of a three year Bachelor degree in a non-cognate discipline with a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma (AQF Level 8) also in a non-cognate discipline are eligible to undertake a 120 unit program which can be completed in 1.5 years full time or 3 years part time.
- Students with a four year Bachelor degree (AQF Level 8) in a Psychology discipline (cognate discipline) or a combination of a three year Bachelor degree in a non-cognate discipline and a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma (AQF Level 8) in a Psychology discipline (cognate discipline) are eligible to undertake the 80 unit program which can be completed in 1 year full time or 2 years part time.
Minimum English Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants who do not speak English as a first language must demonstrate that they meet the University's English proficiency requirement. Further information regarding English language proficiency requirements can be found at the English Language Proficiency for Admission Policy at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/governance-and-leadership/policy-library/document?RecordNumber=D15/15438
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 10, 2016