The Master of Business Analytics program is open for business.
In today’s world with its ever increasing amount of data, businesses that can make sense of the flow of information hold a competitive edge in the market. Graduates with the computational and analytical skills able to meet this need are those who will be sought after by employers, both in Australia and globally.
Melbourne Business School has designed an intensive one year program, which will equip you with advanced skills in business analytics and accelerate your career.
Is this the program for you?
Are you close to graduating or a recent graduate, who has studied quantitative subjects in your third year? These would typically be in the following undergraduate areas: mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science, engineering, science, econometrics, actuarial studies or information systems.
Do you want to fast-track your career into a sector experiencing exponential growth?
Open up career opportunities across industries such as: telecommunications, retail, financial services, utilities and government.
The Master of Business Analytics is designed for you! It will equip you with not only analytical frameworks, but also the communication and influencing skills to ensure your ability to persuade others of the value of the information before you.
- Undergraduate degree with a credit average or above
- Evidence of academic success in quantitative subjects and a natural talent and passion for working with data.
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Interviews will be required for shortlisted applicants
Why choose us?
World-class faculty - with research credentials, consulting links to business and teaching expertise, our world-class faculty encourages critical thinking, enabling you to develop an entrepreneurial and global mindset.
Career support - you’ll receive dedicated career support from day one of the program right through to graduation, giving you the skills to land the job you want.
The dynamic learning environment created by our full-time Master of Business Analytics community – our expert faculty and your peers – will stretch your thinking. Our faculty’s collaborative teaching style will stimulate you to ask questions, develop analytical skills and find innovative solutions.
Your learning will flourish in this environment, stimulated by:
- Team projects
- Immersion in industry consulting assignments and business practicums
- Integrated learning
- Understanding that there is more than one way to solve a problem will be a key learning outcome, which will enhance your effectiveness in the workplace.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Identify appropriate data analytic techniques to address business problems
- Apply data analytic techniques to solve problems in a variety of business contexts
- Integrate the knowledge and skills acquired to conduct research in an industry setting
- Deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Communicate the results of technical analysis to non-technical audiences
- Work effectively in teams
You will gain knowledge of the following areas:
- Business functional areas
- Government Sector
- Statistical literacy
You will gain skills in the following:
- Exploring, summarizing, reporting
- Data visualization
- Statistical models and estimation methodology
Machine learning algorithms
- Supply chain
- Price optimisation
- Sales force allocation and planning optimization
- Marketing mix modelling
- Decision analysis
Computing and programming skills
Communication and presentation skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
The goal of this course is to equip its graduates with the capabilities to apply data analytic techniques to a variety of business problems. The knowledge and skills required to apply data analytic techniques to business problems are multi-disciplinary, drawing on mathematics, statistics, computer science, and business and economics. The course will cover foundation and advanced data analytic techniques, as well as frameworks for applying those techniques to a variety of business contexts.
The course is intensive: content is organized into five modules preceded by a 3 week Orientation and Preparation program. The preparation program is designed to accelerate learning in those areas in which each student may have less background or knowledge. Generally speaking, mornings are devoted to lectures, workshops and direct instruction. Afternoons are devoted to exercises, team assignments and tutorials. Every Friday is “Personal Effectiveness” day: when the personal effectiveness program takes place.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 15, 2016