Master of Biotechnology with the degree of Master of Commerce
The double degree of Master of Biotechnology with the degree of Master of Commerce provides both an understanding of a multidisciplinary approach to Biotechnology as well as the opportunity to acquire functional business skills.The Master of Biotechnology offers students a core competency in advanced molecular biotechnology approaches including molecular biology, protein biochemistry, proteomics and applied microbiology. In addition it offers students postgraduate level skills in critical thinking, literature and peer review, and experimental design.
The Master of Commerce delivers a flexible, student-centred and relevant postgraduate business education in a range of disciplines. It is highly practical and designed to meet the career needs of graduates.
- Opportunity to participate in a biotechnology industry internship
The Internship office offers masters students the opportunity to gain real-world work experience and receive academic credit while completing their studies at Macquarie University.
Those wanting to gain an understanding of a multidisciplinary approach to Biotechnology as well as acquire functional business skills.
- Australian Bachelor of Science degree or recognised equivalent in relevant field with a substantial laboratory component
- Minimum GPA of 2.70 (out of 4.00)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification