This unique programme is designed to fulfil student demand from art, design and related fields, nationally and internationally. This is a one year full-time/two year part-time taught MA programme, multidisciplinary in nature which focuses on the growing area of social practice. This MA is distinctive in that:
- It is focused on Social Practice
- It is delivered through theory and practice
- It is open to practitioners of art and design
- It is also open to experienced graduates outside the art and design fields.
The course offers you a strong theoretical and critical grounding in the area of social practice, equips you with appropriate research skills, educates you in the roles you will play within communities/ situations/spaces, and ultimately, offers you a deep level of authentic experience and situated learning through the delivery and documentation of your self-chosen social practice project. The programme is delivered by both LSAD staff and a varied range of visiting lecturer specialists through an exciting mix of active learning, field research and engagement in the wider world.
- 1 Year Post (honours) Degree (Level 8) full-time mode
- 2 Years Post (honours) Degree (Level 8) part-time mode
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates entering the course must have:
- A minimum 2.2 honours degree in their chosen Art, Design, Humanities, and/or related fields of study e.g. Architecture, New Media, the Performing Arts, Multi-Media, etc. OR
- Equivalent qualifications including the pre-NFQ NCEA National Diploma. Applicants with equivalent qualifications on the European and International frameworks will also be considered. International students must evidence a proficiency in English language.