The Faculty of Landscape Architecture offers a 4-semester Master of Arts in Landscape Architecture (MLA) Programme, which can be followed full-time and part-time (thematic semesters are offered separately). The MLA Programme provides a unique opportunity for master or bachelor graduates to invest in their future. It will enable professionals to become an innovative landscape architect, a leading landscape designer who analyses and develops all sorts of open space and landscape plans, based on a thorough understanding of landscape planning and design theory and practice.
- 4-semester degree programme or single semesters as part time
- Linking theory to practice
- Linking landscape design to planning
- English taught programme
- Academic award: Master of Arts accredited by IFLA Europe and Hungarian Accreditation Board
A step in your career
The course will enable participants to advance their career opportunities in an international platform. It provides a series of landscape design themes from urban open spaces projects to historic gardens and landscapes or the renewal and reclamation of protected or non-protected landscapes. The course enables a direct link between theory and practice, and between landscape design projects and large scale landscape planning concepts. The programme is announced at the Szent István University, the only Hungarian institute for landscape architecture education with a more than 100 years long practice in this field. In the form of invited professors, lecturers and trainers the SZIE also offers an international network of professional landscape designers, landscape architects and professional lecturers and trainers. Students/Participants will benefit from the project based education methodology with a focus on the Central European landscape which offers a challenge in protection and development of green networks and landscape heritage. Professors and lecturers have practice in the Central and the whole European region thus creating a possibility to discuss and initiate programmes and projects in your country.
The IFLA Europe has recognised the course as an academic master programme based on assessment by Quality Assurance. The stringent quality criteria applied by the Hungarian Accreditation Board are based on European standards for higher education.
In order to be admitted to the MA programme or to individual semesters, you are required:
- To have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or similar institute in the field of landscape architecture or architecture-related subjects.
- To show some ability at freehand drawing.
- To show evidence of a sufficient oral and written command of the English language. If English is not your mother tongue, an English language test is required.
- To have the ability to interact and work with people from very diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Candidates with relevant work experience will receive preference.
English Language Test
We accept certificates from TOEFL or IELTS as official language tests.
TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language:
- Score: 575 (paper-based) / 232 (computer-based) / 90 (Internet based).
We encourage you to still contact us if you do not meet the above English language test requirements as our teachers can have a short discussion with you to ultimately decide if your English is sufficient for the programme. This discussion can be arranged either face-to-face or via Skype call with you.
Last updated March 11, 2016