Master of Arts in English for Careers (1.5 years)
We are currently accepting applications for semester 1/2013. Scholarships are available.
Program Objectives: The program is designed for those wishing to develop their professional communication skills in English. It is therefore targeted to those who are current or intending teachers of English in schools, language institutes or other language training organizations or alternatively to entry to mid-level executives seeking to enhance their professional standing and opportunities.
The program focuses both on the development of communication skills as well as analytical skills, so that graduates are equipped for future independent life-long learning.
Students in this program will:
- Learn closely from world-class visiting professors and well-known practitioners.
- Enhance their skills and confidence in English in either educational or professional contexts
- Deepen their awareness of the features of English through language analysis
- Become dynamic, innovative and reflective teachers of English
- Enhance their professional skills for teaching or management positions in the private and public sectors.
Students enrolled in this program (TESOL stream) can choose to study for one semester at the University of Canberra, in Australia (own expense)
Semester 1: August - December
Semester 2: January - May
Summer: June - August
Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Postgraduate Applications Accepted:
DPUIC accepts Admission Application throughout the year; however, incoming postgraduate students can only begin their studies during Semester 1 or Semester 2.
Last updated July 31, 2015